What is Phubbing and How It Can Ruin Your Relationships!
Your partner may be Phubbing around and not even know it.
Phubbing is basically the act of snubbing someone in a social setting by looking at your phone instead of paying attention. You can find out for sure if you or your partner has been phubbing by answering a few of the following questions. However, be warned…what you will discover may make you a bit upset.
- During a typical mealtime together, my partner pulls out and checks his/her cellphone.
- My partner places his or her cellphone where they can see it when we are together.
- My partner keeps his or her cellphone in their hand when he or she is with me.
- When my partner’s cellphone rings or beeps, he/she pulls it out even if we are in the middle of a conversation.
- My partner glances at his/her cellphone when talking to me.
- During leisure time that my partner and I are able to spend together, my partner uses his/her cellphone.
- My partner uses his or her cellphone when we are out together.
- If there is a lull in our conversation, my partner will check his or her cellphone.
If some of the things above annoy you, you can join others who have joined the movement to stop phubbing. You join here at stopphubbing.com. You’ll find some shocking information about the effects of phubbing, and how to put an end to the relationship killing epidemic before it gets worse.