7 Ways to Spot Craigslist Rental Scams – Beware of Rental Scams on Craigslist
Beware of Craigslist Rental Scams
There are various different Craigslist rental scams, but the one rental scam I talk about in this video is where someone posts on Craigslist a home for rent that they do not own.
When you email them, they will typically reply with a long drawn out email about how they are out of town, and will be for the long term, and that they are looking for a “responsible” person to rent their home to.
These type of Craigslist rental scams are common, so I put together this video to make you aware of this type of rental fraud.
It’s sad that rental scams on Craigslist exist. I feel that people have enough things to worry about as it is, now you have property scams to shuffle through.
How to Spot Craigslist Rental Scams
- A rental rate WAY BELOW market rate.
- Property description has many grammatical and spelling errors.
- Supposed property owner’s reply email contains a long drawn out story.
- Supposed property owner mentions they are currently out of state for a long period of time.
- Supposed property owner claims to have the keys and document with them out of state.
- Supposed property owner wants you to complete an application before seeing the property.
- Supposed property owner requires any form of payment before seeing the property.
If you got some value out of this post about, Craigslist Rental Scams – Rental Scams on Craigslist , then please like and share it with a friend.
P.S. Need assistance for home ownership and/or renting? Just submit your email address to receive information regarding financial support…Click Here for Instant Access!